Joe makes it easy: Black cherry & yoghurt ripple ice cream
PREPARE: 15 minutes
FREEZE: 4 hours
300ml double cream
180ml maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
500g Greek yoghurt
320g frozen black cherries
juice of ½ lemon
- Put the double cream, 100ml of the maple syrup and the vanilla bean paste in a large mixing bowl and whisk with a handheld electric whisk until the mixture forms soft peaks.
- Fold in the Greek yoghurt until fully combined and pour into a wide, shallow freezer-safe container. Freeze for 3-4 hours, or until completely frozen.
- Place the frozen black cherries in a food processor with the lemon juice and remaining maple syrup and blitz until smooth. Empty into a bowl and clean the bowl of the food processor.
- Chop the frozen Greek yoghurt into smaller blocks, place in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Tip the blended Greek yoghurt mixture back into the freezer-safe container.
- Using a spoon, ripple the frozen cherry mixture through the frozen Greek yoghurt and place back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes until frozen enough to scoop.
- Scoop into cones or bowls to serve.